December 15, 2017 3 min to read
2017 Marketing, Design, and Web Award Recap
Category : 4CDesignWorks
This year 4CDesignWorks has once again been recognized among several national competitions including the GDUSA American Graphic Design Awards, MarCom Awards, and Hermes Awards. Streaks have continued as our participation in the American Graphic Design and MarCom awards has reached 8 years running, including 8 consecutive Gold nominations!
Lets dive into each award:
These awards are submitted in the September/October months and submissions we select for review tend to be ones that we have either recently completed, or had the greatest impact on our clients business. For the second year, we have obtained Platinum status for Business to Business (B2B) Website projects
- American Bridge Website, won a Platinum MarCom Award in the Business to Business (B2B) Website Category
- Marco Contractors Website, won a Gold MarCom Award in the Website Redesign Category
- An Honorable Mention went to the Western PA Teamsters & Employees Fund Retirement Representative within the Print Creativity/Logo Category
More on the MarCom Awards:
MarCom Awards honors excellence in marketing and communication while recognizing the creativity, hard work and generosity of industry professionals. As one of the largest creative competitions in the world, over 6,000 digital and print projects are entered from dozens of countries to be judged.
GDUSA American Graphic Design Awards
Submissions for this contest focused in the areas of website design and development, logo and branding pieces, stationery design, as well as print and sales collateral (such as flyers).
- Meyer, Unkovic & Scott, LLP Logo, won for it’s website and letterhead + stationery design
- 3R Sustainability Website won for it’s bold color, custom iconography and geometric graphics
- Tyler Mountain Water received two nods: one for the Marketing Website for it’s Pittsburgh-based distributor Aqua Filter Fresh, and another for the Zip Code Distributor Finder Micro-site.
- Magnolia on Main won for it’s online Micro-site design
- The Logo concept for CSD Engineers and CSD Pipeline Services was selected from the Corporate Identity + Branding category
- JADCO Tradeshow slicks/flyers were selected in the Sales Promotion category
- Fred Donatelli Memorials Website was selected for it’s unique headstone appearance reflected throughout the design
- 4CTechnolgies Intranet portal dubbed “4C Apex” won in the logo category
- The American Bridge Website was also recognized in this contest
Out of an impressive 10,000 entries, 4C is elated to have 11 submissions a part of the top 15% selected for recognition within this flagship design competition for GDUSA!
More on GDUSA:
For more than 50 years, Graphic Design USA (GDUSA) has been a business-to-business information source for graphic design professionals. GDUSA holds competitions showcasing the best in Graphic Design, Inhouse Design, Web Design, Package Design, Healthcare Design, and Digital Design.
This competition is entered during the first quarter of the year. Projects that are submitted for judgement, typically range from those that have been completed at the end of the prior year and tend to be in the areas of branding and website design / development.
- Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP Logo project won a Gold Award for their Company Branding Guidelines. This document provides a comprehensive list of the logo variations, stationery layout guides, font selections, colors and other particulars – as a means to keep the look consistent across many mediums.
- The previously mentioned Marketing Website for Tyler Mountain Water / Aqua Filter Fresh was given an Honorable Mention within the Business to Business (B2B) Website category.
More on Hermes Awards:
Hermes Creative Awards is an international competition for creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies. Entries come from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, graphic design shops, production companies, web and digital creators and freelancers.
Pittsburgh CREATE! Creative Industries Festival
In a big year for Meyer, Unkovic & Scott LLP, we had the privilege to be a Top 10 Finalist in the Pittsburgh CREATE! Creative Industries Festival. The Branding effort for the Pittsburgh-based Law Firm was entered in the Communications Category with local competition from 84 Lumber, RE/MAX, and the Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium. A social vote was part of this endeavor in which the Rebranding Effort placed third and was the only Identity project submitted within the Communications Category.